There has been a great deal written about this topic over the years and based upon my experience working with entrepreneurs for nearly a half-century, I thought I’d offer my observations. Two things of which I am certain are that “Your greatest strength is always your greatest weakness” and regardless of your degree or title, your approach to problem-solving is either as a technician [I’ll do it myself] or as a manager [I’ll get someone else to do it]. A third thing might be karma: what goes around, comes around! In my humble opinion, here are 7 must have character traits for entrepreneurs.
1. Empathy and a genuine desire to help others
2. Personal accountability and discipline
3. Know thyself and trust your instincts
4. Curiosity and thirst for knowledge
5. Drive to succeed and persuasive ability
6. Belief in your product, service, or mission
7. Positive attitude, tenacity and integrity
The above aren’t hypothetical. I am working with numerous clients who I’ve been working for since 1977. That’s 40 plus years!
© 2019 Steven M. Stroum